6. Germany imposes entry ban on Khashoggi suspects
Germany's government has announced an entry ban on 18 Saudis suspected of involvement in the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The move effectively bars them from entering Europe's 26-country passport-free Schengen area.
Foreign Minister Heiko Maas made the announcement on Monday in response to the murder of the journalist in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
The government has not revealed the names of the 18 suspects. Local media have reported that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is not among them.
Maas said Germany had discussed the latest sanctions with the United Kingdom and France.
Maas told reporters that there are still more questions about the incident than answers. He called on Saudi Arabia to get to the bottom of what really happened to the journalist.
The move follows the announcement last week by the United States of sanctions on 17 high-ranking Saudi government officials.
Germany's economics ministry announced on the same day that the country would ban all arms sales to the kingdom.